Thursday, September 4, 2008

Veronica gets around


Veronica Always from nic beery on Vimeo.

Short Film - 9 minutes 52 seconds

Written, Directed and Edited By Nic Beery

"Best Family Film" at the 2008 Secret City Film Festival.

Synopsis Elliot's wife Veronica died in 2006 and he misses her. She was his
fearless leader for 53 years. Laura, 22, works at Elliot's assisted living home and
goes to school. Laura and Elliot have become friends. He knows she has dreams
of being a dancer, just like Veronica was. An old 78 record Elliot gives Laura
combines one memory and one dream. Together, the possibilities are endless.

Production Notes "Uncle Gene" My uncle Gene was living in an assisted living
home in rural Texas. He was in the final throes of pulmonary fibrosis, living on
tanks of oxygen. After visiting him, I drove by an ugly old repair shop carport and
the thought occurred to me, how can I take something so ugly and make it
beautiful? With my uncle weighing on my mind, I almost instantly combined
ballet, ugly carport and uncle Gene, who I love. The result is this short.

more at www.beerymedia.com

No comments: